Barely two weeks after releasing the iOS 11.3 beta 4, Apple rolled-out its beta 5 version on March 12. A few developers, who have had the time to dig around the new operating system, were unable to come up with vivid reports on the uniqueness of its features. While some are reporting that there are no significant differences in the iOS 11.3 beta 5 when compared to beta 4, others are coming up with some new features of the new iOS.
In order to allay these arguments, we have installed the new iOS 11.3 beta 5 and our in-house developers have done a thorough analysis of the iOS, so we can provide a balance report. In this post, we will provide you all of the new features within iOS 11.3 Beta 5.
What is iOS?
iOS is the mobile operating system for Apple. It is the OS that runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple has the tradition of releasing a new iOS version once every year. The current version is iOS 11. Developers are the first category of people in the industry to get beta versions of Apple’s software. Afterwards, other people can access the new features by signing up for the free Apple Beta Software Program. The caveat is that betas are naturally unfinished. Hence, it could be problematic running them on your main device.
What’s New in iOS 11.3 Beta 5?
So, what are the new features we were able to discover when we tried-out the new iOS 11.3 Beta 5? The truth is that this new beta does not have much improvement on the previous version, iOS 11.3 Beta 4. But, there are a few significant new features of the iOS 11.3 Beta 5 that's worth mention.
The iOS 11.3 Beta 4, which mostly introduced bug and stability patches, is the last iOS before Apple rolled-out the fifth beta iOS 11.3. Although there seems to be no major additional feature to the new iOS 11.3 beta 5, there are few new features that differentiate the software from its predecessors. Some of the new features of iOS 11.3 beta 5 include: Animoji for iPhone X, Messages on iCloud, and imported health records in the Health app, among many others. Below are details of the new features in addition to the usual stability improvement you will find with the iOS 11.3 Beta 4:
- AirPlay bug fixed when trying to send a video that’s not full-screen
- Dragging items to Calendar app bug is fixed
- iCloud Messages removed. Apple says the feature will be returning in a future update
- The music widget in the Control Center gets an animated signal icon to easily access AirPlay-connected devices
- Camera and Settings icons get tweaked
- Instead of tapping to open, with just a swipe, you can now open within the cover sheet
- Camera equipped with the ability to take Live Photos within FaceTime
- There is a new tutorial screen now within the Camera app that allows for Portrait Mode on iPhone 7 Plus models
- A new camera level display while taking downward-facing pictures
- A new tutorial screen available on iPad for the Dock and app switcher.
How to Download and Install the iOS 11.3 beta 5
If you're a developer, public beta tester, or you’re just interested in the iOS 11.3 beta 5, you can download it right now. All you need to do is to navigate to "General" on your Settings app, and then, tap on "Software Update." Afterwards, you can follow the on-screen instructions to download and install iOS 11.3 beta 5 on your iPhone.
We believe that with the new features of iOS 11.3 beta 5 listed above, we have been able to provide vividly, some of the unique improvement Apple has made to iOS 11 through its fifth beta.